At GATE Space, we develop green, chemical in-space propulsion solutions for the NewSpace economy. Drawing on years of experience developing rocket engines, our team is chasing the dream of a thriving economy in space and tackling space engineering problems with a rapid prototyping philosophy. We focus on the development of two products: The GATE Jetpack – a plug-and-play mobility solution for satellite missions – and the GATE Thruster – the world’s first chemical propulsion system capable of highly responsive deep throttling and differential thrust stabilization.
At GATE Space, we are committed to workforce diversity, equality and inclusion. We want to build a diverse team and welcome and value all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief. Specifically, we want to strongly encourage female and diverse applicants.
About your role
As the Systems Engineer & Operations Director at GATE Space, you will play a critical role in overseeing the technical and operational aspects of the development of our in-space mobility systems. In the role as a systems engineer you will be responsible for the advancement of our in-space mobility platform and in the role as an operations director you will be responsible for streamlining the technical operations at GATE Space.
Your primary tasks:
- Technical Leadership: Lead a team of engineers responsible for the design and development of our in-space mobility systems. Provide technical guidance, mentorship, and support for the team to ensure the successful execution of projects.
- System Design and Integration: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design, integrate, and optimize complex in-space mobility systems, including propulsion, fluid systems, and control systems.
- Operational Efficiency: Drive operational excellence by developing and implementing efficient processes, protocols, and best practices.
- Regulatory Compliance: Stay up-to-date with industry regulations and ensure that our systems and operations are in full compliance with relevant standards and regulations.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering, or a related field. A Ph.D. is a plus.
- Proven experience in systems engineering, with a focus on space systems.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Proficiency in project management methodologies.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- In-depth knowledge of spacecraft propulsion, navigation, and control systems.
- Familiarity with industry regulations and standards in space exploration.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and adapt to evolving priorities.
About your employment
We are looking for a full-time employee, starting as soon as possible. This role is in-person in Vienna, Austria with occasional travel to customers all across Europe and the US as well as conferences and industry events globally.
About your benefits
- First row seat in the development and implementation of a space mission
- Opportunity to shape a fast-growing space technology company
- Attractive compensation package with a minimum of €54,600 gross per year (exceeding compensation depending on qualifications)
- Employee stock option bonus program
- Flexitime and hybrid working arrangements
Join us in shaping the future of in-space mobility. If you’re excited about pioneering technology, passionate about space exploration, and driven by business growth, apply now to become a key member of our dynamic team at GATE Space. Together, we’ll enable the next generation of space travel and exploration.